cHAPTER #4 EDUCATION
NAPE Mass Chapter 4 First/Thirds Class 2019
Classes held every Tuesday & Thursday from 6:00pm to 9:00 pm
Classes start on Tuesday February 19, 2019 and end on April 18, 2019
This instructional class will prepare you for the
Massachusetts 1st Fireman or 3rd Class Engineer license exam
Call (413) 592-6273 to register
Instructors: All instructors are First Class Engineers licensed by the Department of Fire Services and certified by the Department of Education.
Pricing: NAPE Members - $1,000.00
Textbook: Steam Plant Operation (9th Edition) Available at NAPE for $110.00
Location: Ames Privilege Building 1 Springfield St.
NAPE Mass #4 reserves the right to cancel the class if a minimum number of students do not register.
NAPE Mass Chapter 4
Fall 2018 Continuing Education Schedule
Register now by calling the National Office at (413) 592-6273
All Classes are Held in our Classroom at 1 Springfield, St. Chicopee, MA
Call (413) 592-6273 to inquire about having education provided at your facility
THINGS YOU MUST KNOW REGARDING Chapter 4's CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES
1) The licensee must obtain 30 hours of credits within their renewal period of five (5) years. One required class is a review of “Chapter 146/522 CMR.”
2) It is the student’s responsibility to make sure a class is not repeated in that five (5) year period.
3) All class fees for Fireman and Engineer Continuing Education Classes must be paid in full, one (1) week prior to the start of the class or a late fee will be charged. Instructors will not accept any type of payment the day of the class
4) Late Fee: $10 (member) / $20 (non-member)
5) Depending on seat availability, walk-ins will be allowed to take the class and will be charged a late fee. Before certificate of attendance is given to walk-ins, the class fee and late fee must be paid to N.A.P.E. MA #4 through the National Office.
6) To receive member rates for classes, dues must be paid in full upon registration for classes.
7) Reminder for members with a Special to Operate License: the State of MA only requires you to have six (6) hours of Continuing Education. Three (3) of those hours must be Chapter 146/522 CMR.
30 HOUR CERTIFICATES
If you have completed your 30 hours of Continuing Education and your license is soon to be renewed, don’t forget that the Department of Fire Services requires only one (1) 30 hour certificate mailed with your renewal fee. To receive a 30 hour certificate, hand in your continuing education certificates equaling 30 hours (Chapter 146/522 CMR must be one of the certificates and no duplicate certificates) to the National Office. They will then create a 30 hour certificate for you and have it signed by Anthony, the Chapter President. Once the certificate has been signed, they will make a copy of the certificate and give you both the copy and the original certificate. Please keep the copy of this certificate in your personal file, just in case something happens, you have a copy. Please give the office adequate time to produce your 30 hour certificate to ensure your license will not become inactive.