The National Association of Power Engineers
Walter H. Damon ~ John L. Carlotto
Massachusetts Chapter #4
1 Springfield Street - Chicopee, MA 01013
Phone: 413-592-NAPE - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAPE MA04 charges employers a $150.00 per month fee for advertising on this site.
Please contact our office at (413) 592-6273 for advertising assistance.
DISCLAIMER: This Employment Web Page is provided for our members as a service in helping to connect prospective employers with prospective employees. Nape Mass 4 is not an Employment Agency. Neither NAPE Mass 4 nor the National Association of Power Engineers endorses the prospective employer nor the prospective employee with regards to qualifications for the positions listed below.
The Control Room Operator (CRO) is responsible for the safe, efficient and proper operation and maintenance of the power facility. Operates, and as necessary, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and instrumentation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the gas turbine, steam turbine, generators, heat recovery steam generator, air compressors, water treatment equipment, demineralizers, motors, pumps, diesel generators, and other auxiliary equipment. Strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees and public safety.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
The CRO operates from established and well-known procedures under general directions and minimum supervision. Decisions are made within prescribed operating and emergency procedures and guidelines. The CRO encounters recurring work situations of high complexity, with occasional variations from the norm.
The CRO has the authority to control the operation of the plant, and must do so in a safe manner resulting in no accidents, in compliance with all environmental permits at all times. The CRO must effectively communicate information to supervision and fellow plant personnel, relative to the condition of the plant equipment and performance, and provide suggestions for plant improvements. The CRO must perform duties in such a way to result in an optimum cost-benefit ratio.
Education and Experience:
Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school. Minimum two years’ experience as an Assistant Plant Operator or equivalent position in an operating or generating plant required. Associate Degree in a technical field desirable. Must successfully complete the CRO qualification card. 1st or 2nd class Engineer's license required.
Apply online at: https://tenaskacareers.silkroad.com2/19/19
The Company is currently seeking an experienced Operator Technician 4 for its Masspower facility in Indian Orchard, Massachusetts. The Operator Technician 4 is responsible for operating, maintaining and monitoring the status of all power plant systems from the field on a continuous basis. The Operator Technician 4 responds to alarms by taking appropriate corrective actions and executes plant shut-down and start-up procedures in addition to maintenance procedures as required. The Operator Technician 4 assures that the plant meets its generating requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner reporting directly to his/her immediate Shift Supervisor.
• Work with team members to meet the facilities established safety, environmental, operating and maintenance goals and objectives.
• Perform operational activities required to support start-up, shutdown, and normal operation of plant equipment and systems.
• Report equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect the plant status to the Shift Supervisor, Operations & Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Manager.
• Make entries in the operating logs, environmental records, and other administrative documentation needed to support the operation and maintenance of the facility.
• Complete required electrical switching and tagging of plant equipment and systems in accordance with approved facilities lockout procedures, industry guidelines and prudent operations and maintenance practices.
• Participate in plant housekeeping program and completes clean-up activities required to maintain the desired level of plant cleanliness.
• Perform assigned preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergency maintenance and inspection of plant mechanical and electrical equipment as needed.
• Respond to abnormal operating situations in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
• Complete routine cycle chemistry testing and make the necessary adjustments needed to operate within the established facility operating parameters.
• Must be able to read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color.
• Comply with all required site safety requirements to identify and make corrective actions necessary to eliminate potential safety hazards in the facility.
• Utilize the facilities computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to document and track the maintenance request / work orders and actions completed on plant equipment and systems.
• Complete periodic reviews of plant piping and instrument diagrams, electrical one line, electrical schematics, and other technical documentation to confirm the accuracy of the documentation and increase knowledge of plant equipment and systems.
• Complete periodic reviews of the facilities environmental permits to ensure familiarity with the established operating limits and reporting requirements for each of the operating permits.
• Must be able to perform additional duties as assigned by plant management
• High School diploma GED, trade school, military service, technical training school graduate or college graduate with a BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Marine, Facilities, etc.)
• Must hold a valid Commonwealth of Massachusetts Second Class Fireman’s license at minimum.
• Gas turbine power plant experience preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Must have basic computer skills and be familiar in the use of Microsoft Excel.
• Minimum two years' experience as an Operator Technician 4 or equivalent position in an operating or generating plant. This can be substituted with a college degree - BS in Engineering.
• A thorough demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of operations & maintenance functions in a gas turbine power plant.
• A working knowledge of water chemistry as it relates to water treatment programs, steam plant operations as well as environmental and statutory regulations.
• Knowledge of power plant safety, policies and procedures, especially in area such as chemical handling, high-energy systems, lockout tag-out, confined spaces, incipient fire suppression, first aid, rotating machinery, and heavy equipment.
• Position requires working on feet extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules.
• Must be able to frequently climb ladders; enter confined spaces; crawl to and through confined space areas; climb to and work from elevated platforms, and walkways at elevations of 75 feet or more.
• This job requires the ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells.
• Must be able to read and understand operating procedure, control logic diagrams, P&ID‘s and other technical material pertinent to power plant operation and maintenance.
• Personal protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, chemical suits, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.)
• Must be able to wear a respirator and use other safety equipment as required by plant management.
Please send resume to Kim Bullough – email@example.com
Falvey Linen Supply is looking for Boiler Operators/Maintenance Techs who will be responsible for performing preventive maintenance on all production & supporting equipment. A 2nd Class Fireman License is required.
Please firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes.
NAPE MA04 charges employers a $150.00 per month fee for advertising on this site.
DISCLAIMER: This Employment Web Page is provided for our members as a service in helping to connect prospective employers with prospective employees. Nape Mass 4 is not an Employment Agency. Neither NAPE Mass 4 nor the National Association of Power Engineers endorses the prospective employer nor the prospective employee with regards to qualifications for the positions listed above.